Baby Bok Choy is a type of Chinese Cabbage, and is probably one of my favorite green vegetables because they’re so tender and flavorful. Not to mention super easy and fast to cook when you need to make a last minute side dish! So if you’re out of ideas for new side dishes, or you just don’t want to spend so much extra time cooking and making a mess, then you will FALL IN LOVE with this simple and spicy recipe that is sure to give you meal the extra kick of heat that it needs! Check it out!
- 3 heads of Baby Bok Choy
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cut the bottom bulb of each head of Baby Bok Choy off so that all the leaves are loose and give a rinse and drain.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the sesame oil and red pepper flakes on medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Baby Bok Choy leaves to the pan and reduce to medium-low heat. Toss the leaves around in the pan with kitchen tongs so that the oil and pepper flakes get a decent coating on the leaves. Cover the pan and cook for about 8 minutes, tossing the leaves occasionally. The stems will be tender and the leaves will be soft and slightly charred.
- Sprinkle on the salt and toss the Baby Bok Choy around to distribute the salt. Serve hot and enjoy!!