Scallops are a delicious and incredibly healthy. They are very low in fat and high in protein. No need to go out to a restaurant and spend a fortune on a plate of scallops when you can just follow this simple and quick recipe for a tasty and filling dish you are sure to love! The also pair great with my Mushroom-Spinach Quinoa Risotto!
- 1 lb. Large Scallops (cleaned)
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted or liquid)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 5 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Lemon, sliced in wedges for serving.
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water. Even if you bought cleaned scallops, sometimes they might miss taking the muscle off. Check each scallop for a small patch, kind of rectangular shaped, of muscle- has a tough texture so it’s easy to find. It can easily just be plucked off with your hands, no need to cut it off. Blot the scallops completely dry before cooking. Season generously with salt and ground black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil. Once oil is hot, place the scallops flat in the pan. Sprinkle the parsley and throw the whole thyme sprigs into the pan between the scallops. Cook undisturbed for 2 to 2 and a half minutes (scallops can become overcooked in a matter of seconds so timing is very important). Add the 1 tbsp butter, flips the scallops over and cook for 2 to 2 and a half minutes more. Remove from heat and pan immediately and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve right away with the lemon wedges and enjoy! This recipe goes great with my Mushroom-Spinach Quinoa Risotto, check it out!