Have you ever gone to a Barbecue and all the food is just, heavy? It’s all thick sauces and hefty potato salads and macaroni salads, and there is nothing just light and refreshing to break it all up? This Three Bean Salad is the perfect solution! This colorful and healthy bean salad is a great way to brighten up those summertime backyard barbecues with its light and clean flavors. It goes great as a side dish, or as a meal on it’s own, and it is so simple to make – you can even swap out for your favorite types of beans and add other veggies too!
- 1 – 16oz can of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 – 16 ox can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz can of Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Bell Peppers, chopped (any color of your choice)
- 1 large Red Onion, chopped
- 1 large Carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of Celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped (if you prefer parsley, that works too)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Optional- If you like some heat, replace one Bell Pepper with 2-3 jalapenos.
- In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving, and enjoy! — See, it’s so simple!!