Have you ever ran into a problem where you can’t decide if you want a cinnamon bun, or a cookie? Well now you can have both! – OK. Let me tell you. These cookies are HEAVENNNN! Like I could honestly eat the entire batch… I won’t, because I am being healthy, like the blog says… but I totally could. They are the perfect mix of that rich cinnamon flavor and a perfectly soft cookie. ~This recipe is the “Spoonful of Sugar” part where you definitely need to eat in moderation, or just bake them and force feed them to your friends and family so you’re not tempted to eat the whole batch. Either way works!
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Molasses
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- (Extra flour for kneading and rolling out dough)
- To make the filling, in a small bowl combine the melted butter, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated white sugar, for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon and mix together for 1 more minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Pour the vanilla in cup with the heavy cream. Alternately add flour and the heavy cream mixture and mix until just combined.
- On a cutting board or a clean flat surface, sprinkle down some flour and gently knead the dough into a ball. Make sure that the ball is lightly coated in flour, and the proceed to press and roll out the dough into roughly a 10in x 13in rectangle. Spread out the filling across the dough rectangle, leaving about a 1/2 inch rim of dough.
- Roll the dough up from the longer edge. Cut into 13, 1-inch slices. lay each slice flat, and cut each slice in half. Roll each half into a ball, and place on the prepared baking sheet at least 3 inches apart. Do not over crowd the pan!! Keep remaining dough balls refrigerated while your first batch is in the oven.
- Bake the cookies in the 350 degrees F preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until the cookie becomes a nice golden color. Allow cookies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!