Chicken Fingers and Honey Mustard was literally my favorite thing to eat growing up. If we ever went out to eat, it was the only thing I would ever order up until I was probably 16 years old. The Greek Yogurt Honey Mustard works great as a dipping sauce, or a salad dressing. Honey mustard in general isn’t necessarily unhealthy, but when your on a high protein diet, you need to look for all the places you can squeeze a little extra protein into- Thank you Greek yogurt! Replacing the usual breading on the chicken with a healthier carb such as Quinoa is a great way to get in some extra protein, and whole grains too! This healthy, Air fried take on a classic combo Will leave you guilt-free, and hungry for more!
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3/4 cup of Fage Total 0% – Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt (or any fat free plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp White Distilled Vinegar
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (about 4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley (or fresh finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, whisk together all Honey Mustard sauce ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator for later.
- Cook the Quinoa as stated on the package instructions, let cool completely before use. Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Once Quinoa is cooled, mix together the quinoa, whole wheat Panko bread crumb, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic powder. Place mixture in a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Take each chicken tender and dip into the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coat completely (gently press the breading on to make it stick better) and repeat for the rest of the tenders. Lay a single layer of chicken tenders in in the Air Fryer basket, try not to over crowd but definitely do not stack them. Cook for 6 minutes on 350 degrees F, flip each tender over, and then cook for 6 more minutes on the same temperature.
- As soon as the tenders are fully cooked, take them out of the air fryer and lightly sprinkle them with salt. Serve with the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, and enjoy!